1


To silence another, first be silent yourself - Latin Proverb. 


There's something really funny about how being silent makes everyone around you mime, whisper or stop talking as if they're doing it too. Solidarity is a wonderful thing. 

Today I've appreciated the emails from work colleagues checking I'm okay and the cameo performances by my team that have made me laugh a lot (happily that's allowed). I've been frustrated that I haven't been able to say please or thank you, and that others can't really spend time with me because it gets boring quickly. Understandably.

It's amazing that something as overwhelming as silence prevents hunger. Today I've been so focused about not talking that my minimal food consumption has faded into the background. Low moments included too much water in this morning's porridge, and remembering that I'm not actually a fan of hot water as a beverage. However this has been counterbalanced by my impressively tasty chilli sin carne (without meat...), and the sweet delight of baked oats and peach slices which I would recommend highly. 

Monday's Comedy Charade: Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens. Guessed by my slightly confused housemate, who didn't realise it was game time. 

Monday's not-newsworthy-internal-exclamation: There's a new C. S. Lewis biography being released soon! 

Monday's favourite food: Lentil chilli and brown rice. 

Monday's reflective moment: Recognising the weakness that comes with little food consumption. This is reality for 1.4 billion people across the globe who live in extreme poverty - and these are often the people who grow the food we eat.




Comments