Human

After a week of intense blogging, this week's Sunday post is a little more relaxed. Massive thanks go to everyone who supported me in some way in last week's challenge, donating money, hugs and words of encouragement. It's meant a lot and I've raised £510 for Christian Aid. I'm amazed. Read about it if you haven't already!

Today, like many days over the past few weeks, I've been browsing through a website called "Humans of New York", which is my new favourite. The idea is simple: A photographer takes photos of strangers on the streets and the caption is a snippet of the short conversation he's had with them.

I love it for so many reasons. The photographs themselves are beautiful to look at, and the range of ages and faces is broad. However, without the conversation snippets, the people in the images are just objects, artistically positioned. The sentences tell something of each individual's story; each person's personality. And I love that the website is called Humans of New York, because of this definition:

"Human: of or characteristic of people's better qualities, such as kindness or sensitivity..." 

In our day to day lives we judge people by their image, actions, or their attitude towards us. The snippets on this website tell something positive, interesting, or wise. We've all got a story, and I believe that there's something in everyone that we can learn from or pay attention to. I believe we were created for relationship and today this website's reminded me to make time for humans more.

www.humansofnewyork.com 

Comments