New


Aptly, I'm back to Sunday blog day (for one week only) for a personal reflection. It's been a while, and I'm sad about that. But it's fair to say that things have moved forward and there's a lot of 'new' around:

One

Being employed by a charity means that you're given a lot of responsibility which often causes the most irrational doubts and fears in your head. Yes, I have started having dreams about work-related catastrophes. But I've also completely combatted my phobia of the telephone and I've learnt some impressive new things such as managing spreadsheets and working with numbers (!).  All in all, I'm really happy to go to work each day and keep reminding myself just how blessed I am to do this sort of thing.

Two

Living with two teachers means that it's unlikely you'll become a teacher in the future. Massive respect to all of the effort my teachers put into my education, and massive brownie points to all the teachers I know who are working super hard to cut, stick, plan and sort out the best possible way to make learning fun.

Three

Committing to early morning prayer meetings is a huge and massive struggle, but results in some great after-prayer breakfast conversations and being welcomed into the Church community in a deeper and more powerful way. And I love it.


One year of #londonlife later and I'm recognising that there's still lots to learn. I've called this blog "New" because of this definition:

"...already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time."

They say when you're tired of London, you're tired of life. And happily I'm finding that London at the minute is exhilarating and adventure-filled. There's always more to learn.

Most prominently I've been recognising the personal adventure I've been on; the one where I'm exploring who I really am, what I wholly believe in, and how often that's completely different to the people around me. At twenty three, I'm still very little and I've still got lots of learning ahead. Lots of new. Lots of adventure.

I'm still excited by this process of moulding and shaping. I'm still wondering what's next, but for now there's enough new to be getting on with. 

Comments