You



Two years + 100 blog posts = a nice amount of word definitions.

Apparently there are somewhere between 200 thousand and 1 million words in the English language. In my 100 post titles so far I've used english, greek and some numbers too. So it looks like I've got a challenge ahead as I continue writing about the everyday, supernatural and the world beyond our islands.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you.

Because our lives are self-centred ones, where we're trying to achieve goals, ambitions and dreams of our own satisfaction. It's usually about 'me' and not very often about 'you'. This blog is very often about me, and not very often about you.

So a little bit on being a blog writer: I care about you.

But not always in a personal sense. I care about you, too often, because you read my words and give my page more views, or Facebook likes, or when you write comments underneath that say 'great work' or 'well done'. And I worry when you don't, even though I know that's not the real reason I write (although it's interesting that the posts you love most are about romance and food).

But sometimes I do care about you in the personal sense. I care about what you think, and I really want to encapsulate how I see the world so that you might see something different. That's the problem with being a super passionate person; you accidentally force your views on others, even without meaning to.

But I care about how you see the world too. The problem with a blog is that it often seems one-sided.  I don't intend to gush without listening back. I don't mean to explain those word definitions without hearing what you think about the same word and the connotations it has for you.

That's why I'm welcoming you even though my blog is now old. I'm welcoming you to the conversation. Add to my thoughts on the everyday, the supernatural and the world beyond our islands. Join in. Write something too. I've only used 92 words and I've got at least 199,908 to go, so why not use some others? Use your voice and get passionate about what you think, too. Words matter. Your words matter.

Welcome, lovely you.

Thank you for reading. Here's to the next one hundred.


Comments