Collective


"...Done by people acting as a group."

Almost four months of interning later, and I've become quite the charity advocate. It's hardly surprising, then, that this blog is a little bit of a shameless plug for something very exciting that I've subtly mentioned a few times. 

I love that the definition of collective implies action. "...done by people acting as a group", and I'm learning that together has the potential to create change. This very short and beautifully shot film captures a little of the potential; what can we do if we do it together? How can we be a true collective? Perhaps this vision is really what we should be doing. Perhaps I've just been brainwashed... 

Irrespective, I'm developing a passion to fight world poverty and I've learnt a lot in four months. I'm leaving London for Christmas on Thursday, yet I'm excited about what 2013 might bring. Groups of passionate people can create change. 

Look at the early Church and how Christianity spread in the book of Acts. It all began with a baby who also happened to be the son of God. Humble beginnings turning into something great. The Christmas story is amazing because it's the beginning of Christianity. And it started with a young girl who trusted that God would use her.

We might not think we can do much. But to end poverty we need to start somewhere. And imagine if lots of us joined together and started to create change.

Are you in? 



Comments