Stories


What's your favourite story? I've got a few favourites, but there's something incredibly magical about The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe that captured my imagination as a child and never really left it. I got to study it for my dissertation at university and realised that imagery and language are two of the best components. I was also able to read an illustrated version and realised that images are good for story-telling too.

Every picture tells a story... 

I love stories in all of their forms. I'm really good at telling pointless tales, I love hearing of others' adventures and I adore reading all kinds of books. But there's something about the story of the photograph that I especially treasure. I'm trying to get better at taking photographs so I can capture the moment - create something beautiful with memories and significance. Photos are visually beautiful but often manage to depict a story too.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

I've been meaning to run this mini-series for a while. My travelling experiences have been plentiful; many more than the average human and I'm so grateful for the places I've been and the people I've met there. The next few posts hold the collective title "A Picture is a story". The photographs won't necessarily be beautiful, or special, or aesthetically pleasing but each has a story behind them. A snapshot into scenarios, people or situations.

Stories are special and beautiful. The world is a big place and I love exploring it. I'm certain this mini-series will continue far longer than this blog will exist, but for now, watch out for a few of my favourite picture stories...

Stories: "An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious"

Comments