Poetry



Disclaimer: 

Some of these words have been borrowed from Oh the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss. 
Mostly the rhyming ones.


I am guilty of being in a self absorption bubble. It's just like Dr. Seuss said, about the places I'll go and the people I'll see.
I'm really important, according to me.

I often forget to take an interest in my fellow planet dwellers. Even though I have brains in my head and feet in my shoes; sometimes, I don't bother reading the news.

Other times (like now) I know what the big stories are. But I almost wish I didn't, you know.
They're like a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted, but mostly, they're darked.

We expect tragedy and disaster. No news is good news, they say.
Yet we forget the reality: our world's broken, every single day.

We become desensitised to the problems.We wonder why we should bother caring because it all just seems too big.
And when you're in a slump (like that), you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.

"You can be part of the solution!" they say.
But you wonder if adding your voice will ever make problems go away.

But when things start to happen, don't worry, don't stew.
Just go right along and you'll start happening too!

Donate money to Gaza and it can make a difference, don't doubt.
Sign a petition for girls. Make your voice heard, raise a shout.

And start caring too.
Caring is one of the BEST things you can do.


“And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So get on your way!”



Poetry: "Literary work in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by the use of distinctive style and rhythm."




Comments