Gender


Don't tiptoe.

In my job, I write some resources to encourage schoolchildren, teenagers and students to care about justice. I also reply to a lot of emails, but that comes second.

My job is great. And the below is a particular piece of work that I've come to love. 

It's easy to be critical of yourself. It's a lot more difficult to show someone something you've done and just present it, as it is. Too many times, I've handed someone this magazine and told them the pages I'm not happy with, or the problems that we had in producing it. I don't like boasting. I really don't handle compliments either.

But for now, I'm just going to stop and present a magazine that explores Gender. 

Gender: "The state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)." 

You probably have a preconception of what it's going to say. I challenge you to put that aside and just read. I was surprised by many of the articles and what they had to say. I was inspired by most of the stories. And let me repeat a bit of what I say inside about Gender justice: 

[It's] "Not for one sex to reign as champion, but for a world free of gender injustice; where individuals aren't shoehorned into roles not of their choosing, but are able to thrive as the people they were created to be."

I want individuals to thrive as the people they were created to be. That's why I've shared this so many times. That's why I'm always talking about the importance of feminism. That's why I think Gender is a topic worth talking about. 

Comments